Thursday, April 10, 2008

...more from the skully mold...

Well I took advantage of the warm weather this afternoon an decided to pour the first half of my 2-part plaster mold. So I started with building a lower base of clay that allows for the plaster to have something to sit on. This lip also surounds the skully at its mid-way point which gives it an easier split when the other side is poured....


overhead view of skully with clay lip....

An finally here is the wonderful mess I created when i went outside to splatter an pour my plaster. Didnt use very good plaster... but hell thats wat the art store had at the moment of purchase... I will find out later if it was a good one or not when I pull the skully from one side of his plaster mold....

Very artistic arnt I?? The wonderful plaster swirlies!!..hehehe

oh well pics to come of plaster halves an skull imprints!!

=D









No comments: