Tuesday, February 26, 2008

battered wings...

howdy all...

I have been working hardcore in my studio these last few days cleaning an trying to make sense of the mess I have. I haven't really ever unpacked from my move over 5 months ago... figured it was about time. Problem i find reoccurring is that I have not had any inspiration. My muse has left the building.... for good.... and I'm sad =(
But i have found renewed interest an some help with the inspiration department and have gotten myself going again. So first step was to clean up the studio....


so here is one of my work tables...



Tonight, this is where I have been stationed for over 6 hours now...
But I am coming along on an idea I had over 3 months ago. I sketched it quickly at work with whatever materials I could get my hands on and then never touched it. But now I am!! Yay!


So here is the beginning of my sculpture... kinda random in meaning and thought....




This is a set of wire wings ( you can judge the span by the drinking glass holding it up!) that is roughly 2ft in span. I used wax paper and wax to construct these battered feathers...





There is a detail of some of the work on the left side. Please remember this is a work in progress so you are seeing it in the rough!! =)

Anyway.... I am going to shuffle off to bed now... I appreciate any comments and/or suggestions. I will try to snag a pic of the sketch and keep you up to date on my work!
XOXOX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks Fun!